Turkey Breast With Spinach Rice DressingFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 5 pound turkey breast boned and skinned shopping list
- 1 cup minced onion shopping list
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 3 cups cooked brown rice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oleo shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried summer savory shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 egg whites slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 package frozen spinach drained and thawed shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat from breast and remove tendons.
- Place outer side of turkey breast on plastic wrap bone side up.
- Starting from center slice horizontally through thickest part of each breast.
- Flip cut pieces over to enlarge breast then place plastic wrap over breast and flatten.
- Place loose edges of breast over thinner portions then set aside.
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray then place over medium heat until hot.
- Add onions and mushrooms and sauté until tender.
- Remove from heat then add rice and next 10 ingredients and stir well.
- Spread spinach mixture in center of turkey within 2” of sides.
- Roll up jellyroll fashion starting with short side and secure at 2” intervals using string.
- Place seam side down in shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
- Brush turkey breast lightly with oleo then bake uncovered at 325 for 2 hours.
- Baste occasionally with remaining oleo then place turkey breast on serving platter.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing then remove string and cut turkey roll into slices.