Marinara SauceFrom yellowrider 8 years ago
- 1 pound hot (or regular) italian sausage links – cut into 1” pieces shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon DRY oregano shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dry basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 2 15.5 oz cans diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 15.5 oz cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 little can tomato paste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot with a little olive oil saute onions and garlic until onion is tender. Add sausage pieces – brown, add spices….add tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste.
- Add salt/pepper to taste (not too much).
- Simmer – doesn’t have to be long, but at least an hour.
- Serve over pasta with your favorite grated cheese. Also good as for calzones.