Shrimp Salsa BisqueFrom mbeards2 6 years ago
- * 1 medium (18 oz. or so) can crushed or diced tomatoes with juice, preferably unsalted shopping list
- * 1 medium can tomato sauce shopping list
- * 4 Cups seafood stock or chicken stock or water shopping list
- * 1 lb. medium cooked shrimp, shelled and deveined and cut into bite-sized chunks shopping list
- * 1 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- * 2 jalapeño peppers, or 1 banana pepper chopped shopping list
- * 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- * ¼ Cup fresh cilantro leaves, stems removed shopping list
- * 1 tsp. TURKISH oregano shopping list
- * ½ tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- * 1 Cup sour cream shopping list
- * 1 TB. sugar shopping list
- * 2 Cups cooked rice (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Pour the canned tomatoes, along with their juice, tomato sauce and the stock into a soup pot, bring to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce to a simmer.
- Remove the cores and seeds from the peppers and chop them and the onion.
- Place in a blender or food processor with the cilantro, OREGANO, and CUMIN.
- Pulse until finely puréed - it may take a few minutes.
- Add to the soup, stir to blend, then taste.
- Add the cooked shrimp to the soup, warm 5-10 minutes on low.
- Whisk in sour cream and sugar.
- To serve, place a spoonful of cooked rice (if using) in each bowl and top with hot soup. If the rice was refrigerated, let it come to room temperature while the soup is cooking.