Light and Fluffy FrittataFrom laika 6 years ago
- 1 cup sliced leeks shopping list
- 1 medium red onion, sliced shopping list
- 5 strips bacon, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced potato (optional) shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup grated soft cheese of your choice (I used swiss; jack, cheddar, gouda, goat, etc., would all be delicious) shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a medium sized baking dish (about 10" by 10")
- Sautee the leeks and onion in olive oil until soft; remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, fry the bacon until crisp and then remove and drain on paper towels.
- Pour off all but a teaspoon of the bacon fat and sautee the potato slices (if using) until they are just tender.
- Separate the eggs in two large bowls. Beat the egg yolks with the milk, mustard, cayenne and cheese. Mix in the bacon and the onion/leek mixture, and season with salt and pepper.
- In the other bowl, beat the egg white with the cream of tartar (if using) until they hold soft peaks.
- Mix a quarter of the egg whites into the yolks to lighten the mixture. Fold in the rest of the egg whites until well incorporated.
- Pour the egg mixture into your baking dish and put into the pre-heated oven. Bake for a total of twenty minutes, sprinkling the parmigiano on top for the last five. If you are using the potato, scatter it on top of the frittata after 5 minutes of baking.
- Serve warm or at room temp.
The Cooklaika New York, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!