VIDALIA ONION AND RED PEPPER RELISHFrom dione73 5 years ago
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 cup small diced onion, 1/8 inch dice shopping list
- 1 ¼ cup small diced red pepper , 1/8 inch dice shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar shopping list
- ½ tablespoon fresh minced ginger shopping list
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds shopping list
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Spray a large non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat, then add in onions and red peppers. Cover with a lid and slowly sweat vegetables until onions become translucent.
- 2. Next add ginger, chili flakes and mustard seeds. Cook for 2 minutes and then remaining ingredients. Simmer for one hour or until the liquid has been reduced and the relish has the consistency of oatmeal. Cool until ready to serve.