Rice PieFrom aussie_meat_pie 8 years ago
- 3/4 cup brown rice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 150g grated low-fat cheddar (7% fat) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint shopping list
- 1/2 cup spring onions, sliced shopping list
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 large carrot, grated shopping list
- 2 or 3 zucchini, grated shopping list
- 1 cup drained can corn kernels shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-fat yoghurt shopping list
- 1 Tsp paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180 d C. Brush a 23 cm pie dish lightly with oil. Combine rice and water in a large pan; bring to boil, cover, lower heat and simmer 25 minutes, or till water is absorbed. Transfer rice to a bowl, cool for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except paprika, to rice. Press into prepared dish; sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 50 minutes. Remove from oven and leave for 5 minutes before serving, or cool and refrigerate if serving cold. Serve hot with steamed vegetables or cold with a salad. Garnish with herbs, if desired.
- Fat per serve: 5 grams.
The Cookaussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
The Rating4 people
This sounds amazing. We are huge rice fans and this sounds like a great way to serve it. You have my 5 my friend. Yummers.chefmeow in Garland loved it