Kangaroo Fillets with Red wine and Plum SauceFrom adam86 4 years ago
- 2 tbsp EVOL shopping list
- 4 Good sized Kangaroo fillets/steaks (tail pref) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of good red wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/8 tsp chilli flakes shopping list
- 1/4 tsp mixed Italian herbs (rosemary, oregano, basil & parsley) shopping list
- 1 tbsp plum jam shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter (to finish sauce) shopping list
- seasonal vegetables shopping list
How to make it
- The fist thing i did was to put the vegetables on the boil. Pumpkin and Potatoe first for 5 mins then Carrots followed by corn and peas.
- In a medium pan heat your oil until its aroma's are released.
- Cook your steaks for initially 3-4 mins each side on a high heat, Followed by another 2-3 mins each side at a low to medium heat. (Kangaroo should be served MR otherwise it's like eating leather)
- Once meat is cooked place in oven to keep heated. Oven not to be turned on.
- In the same pan on a med to high heat steam off the red wine until reduced by half.
- Add the plum jam and stir into RWR.
- Add water reduce by 1/3
- Add chilli and herbs on a low heat stir continuously for another 3-5 mins until sauce is at desired volume.
- Serve Fillets with sauce over the top and vegetables on the side.
- Would also be a good winter dish with Roast Vegetable, Cauliflower Cheese and sauted onions.
- Also good with Venison fillets.