Shrimp And Pasta With Alfredo Sauce RecipeFrom perlandra 8 years ago
- 50-60 shrimp (I used frozen, thawed of course, the 51-60 per lb. size) shopping list
- 2 Tblsp. butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (I use green onions) shopping list
- 2 - 3 tblsp. shredded garlic (I use elephant garlic) shopping list
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped finely shopping list
- 1 - 2 large jalapenos (seeded and chopped) shopping list
- 8 oz. cream cheese (I use Philadelphia light) shopping list
- 2 cups light cream or half and half (You can use milk) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, leaves only (you can use 1 tblsp. dry cilantro) shopping list
- 1 tblsp. basil or fresh basil shopping list
- 1 tsp. celery seed shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste. shopping list
- 8 oz. (dry) cooked pasta of your choice (I used thin spaghetti) shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw shrimp and remove tails (I like to cook my frozen shrimp for about 7 minutes -- rolling boil)
- In large pan bring water to boil, add salt, and add pasta. Boil about 7 - 9 minutes.
- Add butter to dutch oven. When melted, add onions, shredded garlic, chopped red pepper, and chopped jalapeno.
- Saute till onions, red pepper, jalapeno and garlic is tender.
- Add cream. Add shrimp. Once cream is heated through, add cilantro, basil and celery seed. Then add Philidelphia cream cheese and slowly melt until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir and serve over pasta (or, you can serve over Ramy wild rice.)
- For variation, use Parmesan cheese (shredded) instead of cream cheese.
The Cookperlandra Rapid City, SD
- Not added to any groups yet!