Whole Wheat Molasses BreadFrom kcangel63 5 years ago
- 1/2 c warm water shopping list
- 1 Tb active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 Tb sugar shopping list
- 2 c whole milk shopping list
- 1/2 c packed brown sugar or raw sugar shopping list
- 1 Tb salt (kosher) shopping list
- 6 c wheat flour (I use home ground white wheat) shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
- 1/4 c molasses shopping list
- 1/4 c honey shopping list
- 1/4 c butter shopping list
How to make it
- Pour milk into medium saucepan over medium heat until bubbles appear around edge. Remove from heat. Add brown sugar, salt, 3 cups of wheat flour, molasses, honey, butter and beaten egg. Let sit for one hour to allow wheat to soften and soak up moisture.
- When wheat mixture is ready, place water, yeast and sugar in small bowl. Let stand until foamy.
- Mix in yeast mixture. When combined mix in the rest of the wheat flour until dough is soft and pliable but still pretty sticky. Knead 10 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl and rise 1-2 hours or doubled. Knead dough down and rise another 45 min -1 hour. Knead dough down when doubled.
- Now you can either shape into 2 dozen rolls and freeze or shape into 2 -3 loaves of bread.
- Heat oven to 350 deg. if making bread. Rise in greased loaf pans and when doubled (45 min) cook for 25 - 30 min.
- Heat oven to 425 deg. if making rolls.
- Cook rolls - Fresh: rise 30 min and cook 15 min.
- - Frozen: proof in warm oven 1 hour; cook 15 min.
The Cookkcangel63 Platte City, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!