Macadamia Nut Chocolate Chunk ShortbreadFrom canadianbakertoo 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 6 oz salted dry-roasted macadamia nuts (1 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 oz milk chocolate, chopped, used Dove chocolate shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375º degrees. Rack placed in center.
- Toast nuts until golden brown. I used a cast-iron skillet on the stove top. They suggested to place in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Rough chop the nuts and chocolate bar.
- Place butter, sugars, vanilla and salt in stand up mixer. Blend until well combined.
- Stir in flour, nuts and chocolate mix until forms soft dough.
- I divided dough between 2 8" round cake pans and press 1/2" thick.
- Score top of each with scrapper before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges while warm. Transfer onto cool rack for another 30 minutes. Store in air tight container.
The Cookcanadianbakertoo Brantford, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!