Spicy Sweet Asian Nut MixFrom knwalter 8 years ago
- 2 Tbs. butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce shopping list
- 1 cup chow mein noodles shopping list
- 1 cup peanuts shopping list
- 3/4 cup wasabi peas* shopping list
- *found on asian food isle shopping list
How to make it
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the sesame seeds and crushed red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar and when just dissolved, stir in soy sauce, then the chow mein noodles. Quickly spread evenly on the prepared baking sheet; let cool (about 5 minutes).
- Crumble the sesame mixture into a bowl and toss with the peanuts and wasabi peas.
- *I used spanish peanuts, because they're my favorite. I also added a few extra chow mein noodles into the bowl because it looked pretty!
- Recipe from Every Day with Rachael Ray