Velvet Acorn Squash Bisque Dated 1959From chefmeow 4 years ago
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup grated carrot shopping list
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cubed shopping list
- 4 cups strong chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 acorn squash peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a saucepan then add onion, carrot, salt and white pepper.
- Cook over low heat until soft stirring often then add potatoes and squash.
- Pour in the chicken broth and simmer covered over low heat 25 minutes.
- Puree in blender then return to stove and stir in cream and milk.
- Taste for seasoning and reheat then sprinkle each serving with cayenne pepper.