Passover Banana Sponge CakeFrom midgelet 5 years ago
How to make it
- Beat yolks with sugar until creamy.
- Add the mashed bananas, beat well.
- Whip egg whites until stiff (in different bowl).
- Add cake meal, potato starch and salt to yolk mixture.
- Fold in egg whites gently into this mixture.
- Add flavoring fold in gently.
- Fold in nuts
- Bake at 325 F. for an hour, more or less.
- Use an angelfood cake pan.
- Cool upside down in pan for about 30 minutes or until completely cooled. ( such as place the pan over a bottle neck )
- Cut cake in half with knife.
- Ice with real whipped cream or whipped topping
- Top with bananas and a few walnuts or strawberries if desired
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
Great post. Thank you! 5!quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Jewish Food Lovers100 members
Family Favorites138 members
Jewish Recipe Gems13 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
A Passover Feast8 members
Cakes Of Any Type142 members
I Love Bananas39 members