Pesto-Presto Italian Flag ChickenFrom jeannej 6 years ago
- 5 to 6 leaves basil shopping list
- 1/4 cup (about a handful) flat-leaf parsley leaves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted shopping list
- 1 block soft garlic and herb cheese, such as Boursin shopping list
- 1/2 cup (about 2 handfuls) grated parmigiano Reggiano cheese, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling (eyeball it) shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the basil, parsley, pine nuts, soft cheese, 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (about a handful), some salt and pepper. Process into a smooth paste. Reserve.
- Butterfly each of the chicken breasts and pound them out lightly in a plastic bag with a dash of water using a skillet or meat mallet. Season both sides of the chicken and divide the herb-cheese mixture between the four breasts, placing a scoop on one half of each breast. Fold the flap over to enclose the cheese mixture.
- Transfer the chicken pockets to a baking sheet and shingle 3 slices of tomato over each breast. Season with some salt and pepper, drizzle with about 2 tablespoons EVOO and sprinkle with the remaining Parmigiano Reggiano (about a handful).
- Bake the chicken pockets until cooked through and light golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
The Cookjeannej Raleigh, NC
The Rating4 people
Yummers. This sounds great. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
love the Garlic herb cheese in this and the flavor combo. thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love the Garlic Herb Cheese in this one and the flavor combo.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!