Pesto-Presto Italian Flag ChickenFrom jeannej 5 years ago
- 5 to 6 leaves basil shopping list
- 1/4 cup (about a handful) flat-leaf parsley leaves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted shopping list
- 1 block soft garlic and herb cheese, such as Boursin shopping list
- 1/2 cup (about 2 handfuls) grated parmigiano Reggiano cheese, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling (eyeball it) shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the basil, parsley, pine nuts, soft cheese, 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (about a handful), some salt and pepper. Process into a smooth paste. Reserve.
- Butterfly each of the chicken breasts and pound them out lightly in a plastic bag with a dash of water using a skillet or meat mallet. Season both sides of the chicken and divide the herb-cheese mixture between the four breasts, placing a scoop on one half of each breast. Fold the flap over to enclose the cheese mixture.
- Transfer the chicken pockets to a baking sheet and shingle 3 slices of tomato over each breast. Season with some salt and pepper, drizzle with about 2 tablespoons EVOO and sprinkle with the remaining Parmigiano Reggiano (about a handful).
- Bake the chicken pockets until cooked through and light golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
The Cookjeannej Raleigh, NC
The Rating4 people
love the Garlic herb cheese in this and the flavor combo. thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love the Garlic Herb Cheese in this one and the flavor combo.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Yummers. This sounds great. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!