No oil Roasted pecansFrom jadedmom 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Soak pecans in water for 20 minutes.
- Drain water off pecans really well.
- Season both nuts and pan with salt.
- Arrange nuts in single layer on shallow pan.
- Place into oven and TURN OVEN OFF.
- Let pecans remain in the still hot oven for 1 1/2 hrs.
- Remove from oven and pan, eat.
- I believe these can be seasoned and altered to your own tastes. I've put garlic powder, cajun seasoning, onion powder, etc...on my different batches. Ive also soaked pecans in warm water that was infused with red pepper flakes or hot sauce. Versitale yet simple way of roasting pecans. I've tried this with other nuts....ewwwww would NOT suggest that at all. Father in law just snacks on them for days. I've crushed some up and used over cheese balls and logs, added to certain savory spreads and dips, you name it. I've typed the basic instructions, so it's up to you to make it your own. Let me know if you do make this with other flavors, I would be so grateful to know how these can be made and used in other ways!