Broccoli and Rice Casserole Made LighterFrom eatingwell 6 years ago
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 stick light margarine shopping list
- 1 pkg. frozen, chopped broccoli, cooked and drained shopping list
- 1 cup instant brown rice shopping list
- 1 can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup Cheese Whiz, or 1/2 cup 2% Velveeta ,cubed shopping list
- 1/2 cup skim milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a small sauce pan, saute' onions in margarine, until tender.
- While onions are cooking, using a 13 by 9 in. baking dish, combine all of the remaining ingredients, adding onions and margarine to dish when done.
- Stir together, making sure that it is mixed well.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, uncovered, at 350 degrees.
- Note: I usually always double this recipe, it taste great re-heated.
- Can be prepared the day before, refrigerate over night, take out and bring close to room temp., then bake as directed.