Tangerine ChickenFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon thyme. shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt. shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken cut into 24 strips shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup tangerine juice shopping list
- 2 tangerines peeled halved crosswise seeded and broken into segments shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, thyme, salt, white pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Pat chicken dry and coat with flour mixture saving any extra flour.
- In large skillet heat olive oil and butter together over medium high heat.
- Once butter has melted and foam subsides reduce heat to medium.
- Add chopped onion and sauté 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add chicken breast strips with any remaining seasoned flour and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir constantly then raise heat to high and add chicken broth and tangerine juice.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes until thickened.
- Add segments from 2 tangerines and simmer 3 minutes then serve with rice or noodles.