Chicken in Coconut Milk with Lime LeavesFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk (divide in two parts) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream Concentrate (optional) shopping list
- 1 large spanish onion, diced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or Celtic salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, finely diced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely diced shopping list
- 1 stalk fresh lemon grass or lemon balm * shopping list
- 3-4 fresh lime leaves * shopping list
- 3 skinless chicken breasts, cut in chunks shopping list
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced shopping list
How to make it
- . Use 1/2 of the coconut milk or enough to cover the bottom of the pan, add the coconut cream, as desired, and onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the spices, including the lemon grass and lime leaves and cook for another minute or two.
- Now add the chicken and the remainder of the coconut milk, cover well, and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Start out at high heat, then lower to medium-low heat or a “comfortable bubble.”
- Add the sliced fennel bulb, cover again and cook for another five minutes.
- The fennel should still be a little “al dente,” or chewy, not totally soft.
- *Lemon grass and lime leaves can be found in Asian specialty stores
- However, if you can’t find any, cut some strips of a fresh lime peel and finely chop (lime zest).
- Most stores have dried lemongrass.
- It won’t be the same, but will be close.
- What you really want to get is the combination of the delicate sourness of lime leaves and lemon grass and the mellowness of coconut milk.
- Fresh lemon balm, an herb that’s often locally grown, has almost the same flavor as lemon grass.
- Cut lemon grass in half to fit the pot, and remove it before serving.
- Serve over a bed of steamed asparagus (or use drained canned ones) or steamed spinach or wild rice with a crisp green salad.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
difrferent and yummie high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Thai Food218 members
South East Asian14 members
Asian Foods233 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner119 members
Chicken Please144 members
Cookin With Chicken65 members
Going Coconuts71 members
Chicken Little166 members
Packages Jars And Cans29 members