Blackberry Jam Cake with Caramel FrostingFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 3 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 2 sticks butter shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups seedless blackberry jam shopping list
- caramel Frosting: shopping list
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together flour, salt and spices.
- Cream butter and sugar together well then add in the sifted flour mix and blend well.
- Stir the soda into the buttermilk and add into the mixture and stir again.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each then add the jam and mix in thoroughly.
- Bake in three greased and floured cake pans for 30 minutes.
- When cool frost in between layers and sides and top of cake.
- To make frosting boil brown sugar, sugar and milk until syrup forms a soft ball in cold water then add butter and cool to lukewarm.
- Beat until thick and creamy.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!