Zesty Lemon Custard PieFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel shopping list
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- Powdered sugar for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy then add egg and flour and mix until smooth dough is formed.
- With hands shape into a ball and flatten into a disc.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make pastry and roll or press dough evenly over bottom and up sides of pie pan.
- Melt butter in microwave and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in medium bowl until blended.
- Add peel and slowly stir in butter and lemon juice until incorporated then pour into crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes then cool completely and refrigerate.
- Before serving sprinkle powdered sugar over top.