Shepherds PieFrom kidaria 6 years ago
- 4 large potatoes (peeled and cubed) shopping list
- 1/4 c milk shopping list
- 1 medium onion, minced shopping list
- 1 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 stalks of celery, diced shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups beef stock shopping list
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 c frozen peas shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan of boiling salted water, cover and cook potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and return potatoes to pot; dry over low heat, about 1 minute.
- Mash coarsely; stir in milk, salt and pepper.
- in skillet, fry beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Drain fat from skillet and set aside beef.
- In same skillet, heat oil over medium heat; fry onion, carrots, celery, thyme, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally under tender crisp.
- Whisk together stock, worcestershire and mustard; stir into skillet. Add beef and peas; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened and heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon meat mixture into an ungreased casserole pan.
- Top with mash potatoes and bake at 375 F for approximately 25 minutes until heated through.
The Cookkidaria BC, CA
The Rating5 people
This Is Always A Winner In Our House!goblue434 in Anniston loved it
Love this dish, thanks so much!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it