Savory Pot RoastFrom lisamariecr 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 lb.beef round roast shopping list
- 2 tsp. olive oil or vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 med. potatoes, cut into 2 inch pieces shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups baby carrots shopping list
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 medium stalk celery, sliced shopping list
- 1 med. onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 - 10 1/2 oz. can condensed beef consomme or broth shopping list
- 1 can V8 juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oilin 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef in oil for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides.
- Place potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, celery and onion in 4 or 6 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Place beef on top of vegetables. Pour tomatoes, consomme and V8 juice over beef.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Remove beef and vegetables from cooker, using slotted spoon, place on serving platter and keep warm.
- Skim fat from beef juices. Remove 1/2 cup of juices and mix with flour until smooth. Gradually stir into remaining juices in cooker.
- Cook on high heat setting for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve sauce with beef and vegetables.