Coconut PestoFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- cilantro coconut pesto shopping list
- 1 cup fresh organic cilantro leaves- packed well into measuring cup shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic shopping list
- 6 tablespoons melted virgin coconut oil (or 3 coconut oil and 3 olive oil) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup raw almonds or walnuts (or other nut of your choice- organic if possible) shopping list
- salt & pepper, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Place cilantro and garlic in food processor and process until well chopped.
- Add coconut oil and process a few seconds until mixture is well blended and fairly smooth.
- Add nuts and lemon juice and process until fairly smooth and well blended.
- Also, if it is too thick for your liking - add small amounts of water until you are happy with it.
- I do not add salt- it does not need it- but you may add salt and pepper to taste if you wish.
- You may double this recipe and divide into two containers - it freezes well and is handy to have to flavor almost anything.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
great post high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Good To Freeze126 members
Quick N Easy121 members
Low Carb110 members
Sauces And Dippings24 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Appetizers And Dips266 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Cilantro Lovers130 members
Nuts And More Nuts52 members
Anything With NUTs42 members