Cream Cheese StollenFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- DOUGH: shopping list
- 6 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons yeast shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) at room temperature shopping list
- 5 cups flour shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Prep time, does not include overnight rising of dough
- Start the night before you want to eat this delicious pastry.
- Mix sugar and yeast and set aside.
- Cream together the butter, eggs and sour cream.
- Add the yeast/sugar and stir.
- Add the flour and mix.
- Refrigerate in a covered bowl overnight.
- Set the cream cheese out so it will be soft by the morning.
- In the morning, take the dough out and let it come to room temperature and make the filling.
- Combine all the filling ingredients and mix well.
- Using a food processor helps .
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll out each into an oblong, rectangular shape, fairly thin.
- Place the dough on cookie sheets (the edges of the dough will hang over the sides at this point); 2 per sheet works well.
- Spread 1/4 of the filling on each oblong out to an inch or so from the edge.
- Turn up the sides to contain the filling and pinch the corners.
- Cover and let rise for an hour
- . Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Freeze extra cooled stollen:
- To use, Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and warm up in the oven at 325 degrees for about 10 minutes.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
Oh, yum! This sounds incredible! Love the filling here! Definitely a must try!juels in Clayton loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Sweet Suite159 members
All Holidays135 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
101 A Cheese Place145 members
Cheese Lovers101 members
Feeding A Crowd39 members
Knead That Dough Bread And Beyond47 members