Shrimp DogsFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- Shrimp: shopping list
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 shallot, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced shopping list
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- buttermilk corn Batter: shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- Special equipment: Thick wooden pop sticks shopping list
- Dipping Sauce, recipe follows shopping list
- Dipping sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon horseradish shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
How to make it
- For the shrimp:
- Add all the shrimp ingredients to a food processor and pulse until well combined and smooth.
- Form the shrimp mixture into 7 equal sized 2-inch balls.
- Insert a wooden pop stick into the middle of each shrimp ball and form the ground shrimp into a shape similar to a hot dog.
- Place shrimp dogs on a cookie sheet and put in the refrigerator until well-chilled and firm, about 30 minutes.
- For the corn batter:
- Preheat deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.
- While chilling shrimp dogs, prepare batter. In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, egg, cornmeal, garlic powder, sugar, baking powder and buttermilk.
- Place the remaining 1 cup of flour onto a large plate.
- *Dredge chilled shrimp dogs into flour then dip into the batter and fry in the hot oil for 3 minutes or until dark and golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel lined sheet tray to drain.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
- *Cook's Note: Hold corn dog by the stick for the first minute of frying, until batter becomes solid, then fry for another 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon
- mustard, horseradish, and paprika.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve corn dogs.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
I just watched this last night on Food Network; they really looked good. Thanks for posting.m2googee in Tomball loved it