gluten free Oatmeal Raisin CookiesFrom peetabear 8 years ago
- 1½ cups raisins shopping list
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1¼ cups creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon light or dark corn syrup shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets, or line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a vegetable steamer over hot water, place raisins; cover and steam for about 10 minutes. Uncover and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and corn syrup; cream together until mixture appears light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until thoroughly mixed. Place baking soda and cinnamon in a sifter, sift into creamed mixture. Add oats and cooled raisins; stir until mixed.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake 18 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned. Cookies should still be soft in the middle. Do not overbake; the cookies firm up as they cool, and they are best if they are soft. Remove cookies from baking sheets and cool on wire racks.
- Makes about 6 dozen cookies