Key Lime Cake wh Cream Cheese Frosting IcingFrom blujayangel 7 years ago
- 1 box of lemon cake mix shopping list
- 1 small box of lemon pudding shopping list
- 1 cup of water shopping list
- 1 cup oil shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 tbsp key lime juice shopping list
- green food coloring –optional- shopping list
- glaze shopping list
- 2 cups confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup key lime juice shopping list
- to switch things up or give it a different kick. Replace key lime juice with non alcohol margarita mix. shopping list
- Blend together adding more or less sugar to thin glaze. shopping list
- 9x13 pan shopping list
- something to grease pan with. shopping list
- cream cheese frosting / icing shopping list
- 1 stick or margarine, melted or butter shopping list
- 1 8 oz pkg of cream cheese room temperature shopping list
- 1 box confectioner’s sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp key lime juice. shopping list
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS shopping list
- Fine crushed graham crackers shopping list
- lime zest I prefer organic for this shopping list
How to make it
- Place cake mix into mixing bowl mix slowly for one minute. Add
- water and oil continuing to mix slowly.
- Add room temp eggs one at a time and mixing well before adding
- Add lime juice slowly. If making this cake for St. Patrick’s Day or you just want that lime hue. Add a few drops at a time until you get the desired shade.
- Place mixed batter into a greased floured 9x13 pan. Baking at 350 for 50 minutes, Or until cake tests done.
- When cake is done and while cake is still warm. Maybe out of the oven 5 to 10 minutes. Pour glaze over cake.
- Leaving cake in pan frost with cream cheese icing.
- Combine ingredients. Blend to make creamy and smooth. I start by using only half a box of powdered sugar until you get the desired sweetness you are looking for. I also add more or less lime juice until I get the right tasting balance.
The Cookblujayangel Fyffe, AL
The Rating4 people
When I see Key Lime I always think pie. Thanks for a great post. I will have to try one day soon!m2googee in Tomball loved it
Wow...I know thisis gonna be great...Thanks...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
I have been looking for a recipe like this - I'll let ya know when I make it!!jett2whit in Union City loved it