Spanish Rice And Sofrito RibsFrom sortarican 5 years ago
- 3 cups of Goya rice (washed) shopping list
- 3 large tablespoons of frsh sofrito(you can use goya sofrito if you do not have fresh but it will not be the same taste.) shopping list
- one large piece of Tocino/salt pork fat back. 3inchX3inch piece shopping list
- Jar of goya Spanish olives shopping list
- can of goya tomato sauce shopping list
- Small pork ribs already cut shopping list
- Achote oil/Sazon shopping list
- 1/2 jar of goya pimientos shopping list
- 2 table spoons of Goya Alcaparrado shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- garlic shopping list
- oregano shopping list
- 12oz beer shopping list
- two table spoons of whiskey, rum or scotch shopping list
- 1 can of gandules**option and i will tell you why in the recipe shopping list
How to make it
- Alright first thing is first. Take the Tocino and cut it up into small cubes and place in a small sauce pan to cook.
- In the pot that you will be cooking the rice in Add the ribs and cover them with the whiskey/rum or scotch, salt, pepper, garlic, and oregano then pour the beer in the bottom of the pot and cover. Let them steam in the beer until they are almost completely cooked and tender.
- In the other pot with the Tocino, when it starts to brown add the sofrito to the pot and stir it all up. let simmer for about 1-2 minutes but do not let it burn.
- Add the can of tomato sauce, the Alcaparrado and chop up the pimientos and add them also. stir in Achote oil until it becomes a orangish red color. The Achote oil will add color to the rice.
- Got back to the ribs cut they should be steamed now. Add the Tocino/sofrito mix to the pot of ribs and stir and cover and let simmer for 5 minutes. this will coat the ribs and they will absorb all the flavors. ** This is also where you would add the can of gandules, this is up to you. But if you are going to make bean sauce you do not need to add them. Bean sauce will be the next recipe I add**
- Remove the ribs and add ten Spanish olives.
- Take three cups of Goya rice and rinse thoroughly then add to the pot. Add enough water if needed to cover the rice by at least two centimeters. I’m sure you all know how to cook rice and know what the water lever should be. Let cook uncovered until all the water has been absorbed by the rice. Stir rice from the bottom to make sure to get all the flavors that have sunk to the bottom. Cover and turn down the heat all the way and let steam until the rice is the consistency that you like.
- Serve and Enjoy