Yam Souffle the Yam in this not Sweet PotatoFrom bajan 5 years ago
How to make it
- When hot, mash the yam until smooth.
- Melt the margarine and add to the hot milk
- Add yam and mix thoroughly
- Stir in the cheese, grated onion, salt & pepper to taste
- Cook slowly for 2 to 3 mins.
- Remove from flame and add 2 well beaten yolks
- Lastly, fold in 2 stiffly beaten egg whites
- Place mixture in a well greased suffle dish
- Bake in a moderate oven (gas 4) until souffle has risen and the top is brown