Pasta With Cherry Tomatoes and ArugulaFrom otterpond 6 years ago
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved if small, quartered if large shopping list
- 1 plump garlic clove, minced or put through a press (more to taste) shopping list
- salt to taste (I like to use a very good coarse sea salt or fleur de sel for this) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup arugula leaves, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon slivered or chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 pound fusille, farfalle, or orecchiette shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated ricotta salata or Parmesan (more to taste) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Combine the cherry tomatoes, garlic, salt, balsamic vinegar, arugula, basil, and olive oil in a wide bowl. Let sit for 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- 2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add a generous amount of salt and the pasta. Cook al dente, until the pasta is firm to the bite. Drain, toss with the tomatoes, sprinkle on the cheese, and serve.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings
- Advance preparation: You can make the tomato and arugula mixture a few hours ahead.
- Approximate nutritional information: 407 calories; calories from fat 92; total fat: 10.3g; saturated fat 2.0g; cholesterol 6mg; sodium 140mg; total carbohydrates 67.4g; dietary fiber 4.0g; sugars 3.7g; protein 13.9g (Data provided by calorie-count.com)