gluten free Favorite Almond CookiesFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 1 cup (16 tablespoons) butter-flavored vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free almond extract or flavoring shopping list
- flour Mixture shopping list
- 1 cup white rice flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup almond flour or finely ground almonds, lightly toasted shopping list
- 1/2 cup potato starch shopping list
- 1/2 tsp xanthan or guar gum shopping list
- 3/4 tsp gluten-free baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 egg yolk mixed with 1 teaspoon water shopping list
- 48 whole almonds shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large bowl, beat shortening until light and fluffy. Add both sugars and beat until light. Add egg and almond extract and beat well.
- 2. Combine flour mixture and add to shortening mixture. Beat just to combine. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough into 3/4 inch balls. Set 2 inches apart on oil or parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- 4. Press an almond into the center of each cookie. Brush with egg yolk and bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5. Let cool on pan before removing
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!