Simple Spring Rolls DipFrom vegheadsweetie 5 years ago
- 1 package egg roll wraps (You can find them in the produce section usually) shopping list
- 1/2 cup carrot (about 2 carrots) shopping list
- 1 cup celery (1 to 2 celery stalks) shopping list
- 4 cups cabbage (about half a head) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper (or to taste) shopping list
- frying oil (vegetable, peanut, or sunflower oil works great) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp ginger (sauce) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (sauce) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar (sauce) shopping list
How to make it
- Chop your veggies, make them as thin as you can get them, and place them into a pot with water.
- Cook on high until you get a rolling boil, continue to boil veggies for five minutes.
- Drain veggies and try to get as much liquid out of them as possible, place into a large bowl.
- Add sugar, salt, pepper, and oil. Mix together.
- Put equal portions of veggie mixture onto each egg roll wrap and fold according to package directions. Bottom, side, side, top. Seal with egg white wash or a paste mixture (2 tsp each of flour and water).
- Fry in oil for about 4 minutes each, or until they are golden brown.
- Dry on paper towel.
- OPTIONAL: You can add fresh bean sprouts if you wish.
- SAUCE: Combine the last three ingrediants and whisk together.
The Cookvegheadsweetie Mayer, AZ
- Not added to any groups yet!