Banana Marble CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup spelt flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt (if using unsalted butter, use 1 1/2 tsp) shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 5.5 oz salted butter, softened shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 3/4 cup full-fat, Greek-style vanilla (or plain) yogurt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 tsp banana extract shopping list
- 1 tsp yellow food colouring (optional) shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/4 cup hot water shopping list
- --- shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 2/3 cup buttercream icing shopping list
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (preferably unsweetened natural) shopping list
- 2 tbsp milk shopping list
- --- shopping list
- chocolate-Espresso frosting shopping list
- 2 cups buttercream icing shopping list
- 3 tbsp unsweetened (preferably Dutch process) cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp instant espresso powder shopping list
- 3 tbsp milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350F, grease two 10" springform pans well and line the bottoms with parchment.
- Whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and white sugar until light.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla and yogurt.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk to creamed mixture, ending with flour, mixing thoroughly.
- Scoop out about 1 1/2 cups of the batter and put into a separate bowl. Add banana extract and food colouring if using.
- Combine brown sugar, cocoa powder and water in a small bowl, then stir into vanilla batter, beating well.
- Pour chocolate batter into pans.
- Top with dollops of the banana batter, then drag a skewer or knife through to create a swirling pattern - don’t over marble.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until tests done.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing, filling and frosting.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl until thick and rich-textured. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use, warm in the microwave gently before spreading.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, beating until thoroughly blended.
- Mask and finish cake as desired.
- Store in fridge.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
This sounds so good. I am almost afraid to try it.bajan in Bridgetown loved it