Sprouted bean crispy latkesFrom shadow1 7 years ago
- 2 cups sprouted beans and lentils , cooked until just soft, not mushy* shopping list
- 1 onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, or more to taste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground chili pepper (optional) shopping list
- salt to taste** shopping list
- ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup matza meal or breadcrumbs shopping list
- olive oil for frying shopping list
- * Also, can use regular beans and/or lentils, not necessarily sprouted ones shopping list
- **I like a lot, a teaspoon, in this recipe, but then I like to embalm my food shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the sprouted bean and lentil until edibly soft, but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, brown the onion in olive oil.
- When the onion is browned, add the garam masala and black pepper and fry for one more minute.
- Drain the sprouts.
- Mix together the sprouts with the spiced onion in a bowl.
- Thoroughly mix in the egg and matza meal or bread crumbs.
- Heat more oill, about half a centimeter in height (or more).
- Shape fairly flat pancakes of the sprouts mixture - you want the outside to get nice and crispy, while cooking the inside too. If the pancake is too thick, by the time the inside is cooked, the outside will be black. Fry the cakes - they won't spread - in very hot oil, flipping once. Drain on paper towels and eat fresh.
The Cookshadow1 Tel Aviv, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!