Gluten Free Flour TortillasFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 1 cup white rice flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup potato starch shopping list
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup fava bean flour shopping list
- 2 tsps xanthan gum shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 TBs vegetable or other shortening shopping list
- 3/4 to 1 cup warm water shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all of the dry ingredients, then cut in or work in the shortening using a pastry blender or two knives or your hand. Add the warm water, starting with 3/4 cup and mix well. Continue to add water until a soft, cohesive dough is formed. Heat a comal, tapa or griddle to medium heat. Then, form a ball of dough into a flattened disk, cupping the outside edges a bit to form a round. Using a bollilo or rolling pin, roll into a round disk about 1/8 inch thick and about 8 inches in diameter or to your preference. Bake one at a time on a hot griddle until the surface bubbles. Turn only once, the first side should have brown flecks. Bake until the second side has slightly browned - should brown in a very short time. Keep warm in a tortilla keeper or wrapped in a cloth until served.
- Note: Will freeze in a sealed plastic bag for up to three months.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!