gluten free Egg BreadFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 3 cups gluten-free high-protein flour blend shopping list
- ¼ cup milk powder of choice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 packages instant dry yeast shopping list
- 3 eggs, room temperature shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar shopping list
- ¼ cup melted butter or extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar shopping list
- 1 cup warm water shopping list
- ++++++++++++++++++ shopping list
- gluten-free high-protein flour blend shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups bean flour your choice chickpea or soy shopping list
- 1 cup arrowroot starch, corn starch or potato starch shopping list
- 1 cup tapioca starch/flour shopping list
- 1 cup white or brown rice flour or combination of the two shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x4-inch bread pan and sprinkle with cornmeal or rice flour.
- 2.Mix flour blend, milk powder, xanthan gum and salt in a mixing bowl until well blended. Using the beater/paddle, mix in the yeast.
- 3.Whisk eggs, vinegar, melted butter, honey and warm water together.
- 4.Pour wet ingredients into the dry, mixing on medium speed until everything is well blended. If the batter seems too dry, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat on medium-high speed for 5 minutes.
- 5.Spoon the dough into the prepared pan only half full. Spray the top of the dough with baking spray. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the top. Spray a piece of plastic wrap and loosely cover the bread. Place in a warm, draft-free place for 30 minutes or until the dough reaches a ¼ inch from the top of the pan.
- 6.Place in preheated oven on the middle rack and bake 35 to 45 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool on a rack.
- TIP You can increase the fiber in this recipe without altering the taste by replacing ¼ cup flour blend with ¼ cup coconut flour.
- TIP For a slightly crisper crust, add 2 tablespoons cornmeal to the dry ingredients and omit the powdered milk.
- To make two baguettes, use a double baguette pan, lined with a double thickness of foil (folded dull side out), lightly oiled and generously sprinkled with cornmeal or rice flour. Make sure the foil is about 3 inches higher than the sides of the pan. Spoon half the batter into each pan. Smooth the tops with the back of an oiled soup spoon. Place dough in a warm, draft-free spot. Loosely cover with lightly oiled plastic wrap. Let the dough rise to the rim of the baguette pans. Bake in preheated 375-degree oven for 25 minutes. Then slide the loaves out of the pan and continue baking on the middle oven rack for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
- To make rolls, spray a muffin tin and dust with cornmeal or rice flour. Fill each cup halfway with dough and loosely cover with oiled plastic wrap. Let dough rise to the top of pan. Bake in preheated over (375 degrees) for 25 minutes.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating2 people
Another great Gluten Free bread. Thank you! Five!quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
I love egg bread and onion egg rolls as a baker i made this every friday several hundreds. but it was hard not to eat it but from time to time i would especially hot out of the oven. thanks for posting i will try this onions with kosher salt and popp...moremaywest in Tangerine loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!