Gingerbread Cupcakes w Chocolate IcingFrom ilovefood2 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick of unsalted butter) shopping list
- 1/4 cup of water shopping list
- 1/2 cup of packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup of unsulphured molasses (not blackstrap) shopping list
- 3 large eggs, room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup of grated ginger shopping list
- 1 container of store bough chocolate icing shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter and water together in the microwave, covering the top with plastic wrap.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda and dry spices in a bowl.
- Beat together the molasses and brown sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for 30 seconds between each.
- Beat in the flour mixture slowly until just incorporated. Add the butter mixture and the grated ginger and beat until smooth. Batter will be runny.
- Spoon into cupcake papers, about 3/4 full. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for a minute to set before moving to a wire rack to fully cool.
- Spread icing on cupcakes.