Braised Kosher Brisket withTwo WinesVegetables and JalapenosFrom merlin 7 years ago
- 1 Kosher Brisket 4-5 lbs, trimmed of most fat and rinsed shopping list
- 3 oz. olive oil shopping list
- 5 large carrots, peeled and cut in 1” pieces shopping list
- 2 onions chopped shopping list
- 1 shallot, minced shopping list
- 2 T. crushed garlic shopping list
- 5 T. butter shopping list
- 3 T. fresh rosemary shopping list
- 3 T. fresh basil shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 c. red wine shopping list
- 2 c. chicken broth shopping list
- 1 large can (11 oz) tomato sauce shopping list
- 1-2 T. canned jalapeno slices, drained shopping list
- ½ c. flour shopping list
- ½ c. sweet marsala wine shopping list
- ½ lb. large mushrooms (Crimini mushrooms are good) rinsed and quartered shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Heat olive oil on high heat in a coverable Dutch oven. Brown brisket on both sides. Add carrots, onions and shallot, sauté for 2 minutes stirring. Add garlic and butter. Saute stirring until butter is melted. Add flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add herbs, wine, broth, tomato sauce and 1 T. jalapeno slices. Cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Cover tightly and cook in oven for 3 hours. Add Marsala wine and mushrooms. Test for spiciness. Add more jalapeno slices as desired. Cover and cook an additional 45 minutes.
- Serve with rice or potatoes.
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!