Steak with green peppercorn sauce gluten freeFrom frantic 6 years ago
- MEAT shopping list
- 2 sirloin steaks (about 180g each) shopping list
- 2 tspn olive oil shopping list
- salt, pepper shopping list
- green peppercorn SAUCE shopping list
- 100mL white wine shopping list
- 150mL beef stock (gluten free) shopping list
- 2 tspns green peppercorns in brine, drained shopping list
- 1 tspn Dijon mustard shopping list
- 3 tblspns (1/4 cup) thickened cream shopping list
How to make it
- Brush the steaks with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat and put oven on to 150 deg C (warming temperature)
- When the frying pan is hot, add the steaks and cook for 2 minutes on each side for medium rare (or until cooked to your liking, but NOT like leather!)
- Once cooked place in the oven, covered lightly with foil, to keep warm while you make the sauce.
- In the same frying pan add the wine and beef stock and allow to bubble until reduced by half.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the peppercorns.
- Whisk in the mustard and cream.
- Continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is slightly thickened and glossy.
- Place a steak on each plate, spoon over the sauce and serve immediately with a green salad or steamed vegetables.
- EAT AND ENJOY!
- (a glass of red would go down well)