Almost Whole Wheat BreadFrom indicatorsrule1 5 years ago
- 3 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup unbleached flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 Tbsp warm water shopping list
- 1 packet fast yeast shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Vitamin C powder shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In the warm water, add the yeast and honey and stir well until honey and yeast dissolve. Let it proof while preparing the other ingredients.
- In an electric mixing bowl, add the whole wheat flour, unbleached flour, vitamin C powder, sea salt , and olive oil. Mix well with spoon.
- With a dough hook attachment, turn machine on to slow and slowly add the water mixture.
- I let this run about 10 minutes.
- Spray a bread pan with Pam and place bread dough in pan, moving to a warm place to raise. I put a small glass of water in the microwave and run it until boiling, turn off and place bread dough in the microwave with the light on. Takes no time at all for it to raise to maximum height.
- I only let this raise the one time. I do not punch and raise again.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 for 30 minutes. Butter top right out of the oven and cool.