Vegan Veggie PastaFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 1/3 cup water, or as needed shopping list
- 1 large, sweet onion, diced shopping list
- 1 1/4 lbs eggplant, chopped into 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 1/4 lb cremini mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 yellow summer squashes, diced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp fresh black pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tbs. dried basil shopping list
- 4 medium zucchini shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large non-stick saucepan, and add the onion and a splash of water.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion begins to brown.
- Add the eggplant and mushrooms, cook about 8 minutes, until soft and browning.
- Stir in the squash, peppers, and garlic, and continue to cook and stir for 3 - 4 more minutes, adding water as necessary.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for zucchini.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make ribbons out of the zucchini using a julienne peeler, mandoline slicer or a sharp knife.
- Place equal mounds of zucchini ribbons in erving bowls, top with hot sauce.
- Serve immediately.