Santa Fe SopaipillasFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons shortening shopping list
- 3/4 cup cool water shopping list
- Optional cinnamon-sugar coating: shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Cut in the shortening.
- At this point, you have a mix.
- Store the mix for no longer than thirty days in the pantry, six months in the refrigerator, or two years in the freezer.
- To make the mix, place the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Form a depression in the middle and pour in the water.
- . Cut the water into the mix.
- The dough will be crumbly and dry.
- Remove to a clean surface and knead for two minutes.
- You will have a stiff dough.
- Form the dough into balls the size of golf balls.
- Smash the balls flat with the heel of your hand until they are no more than 1/4-inch thick.
- Heat cooking oil in a heavy fry pan or Dutch oven.
- The oil should be 3/8-inch deep and hot enough that there is a slight sizzle when the dough is placed in the oil.
- Fry each side until brown.
- Dip in cinnamon and sugar if desired.
- This recipe will make about a dozen three-inch
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
Quick N Easy123 members
MEXICAN FOOD425 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members
Dutch Oven30 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members