Gluten Free Chocolate Layer CakeFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- vegetable oil cooking spray shopping list
- 11/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown-rice flour (see the Guide) shopping list
- 1/2 cup almond flour (see the Guide) shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour (see the Guide) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 3/4 cup low-fat (1 percent) buttermilk shopping list
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- FOR THE SEVEN-MINUTE frosting shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon corn syrup shopping list
- 5 large egg whites shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- guide shopping list
- the flours are from Bob Red Mills shopping list
How to make it
- Make the cake layers: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat two 8-inch cake pans with cooking spray. Line bottoms with parchment; spray parchment.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients, and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes. Divide batter between pans.
- Bake cakes until they pull away from sides of pans, about 1 hour. Let cool in pans on wire racks. Cakes will keep, covered, for up to 1 day.
- Make the frosting: Place sugar, water, corn syrup, and whites in a heatproof mixer bowl over a pot of simmering water. Cook, whisking occasionally, until sugar dissolves and mixture registers 160 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Attach bowl to mixer. Whisk hot sugar mixture on high speed until stiff, glossy peaks form, about 7 minutes. Whisk in vanilla and salt.
- Assemble the cake: Place a cake layer on a plate. Spread 2 cups frosting on top. Place remaining cake layer on top of frosting. Frost top and sides with remaining frosting.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!