Gluten free Pumpernickel BreadFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 2 eggs Plus 2 egg whites (Large) shopping list
- ¼ Cup vegetable oil (Canola) shopping list
- ¼ Cup apple cider vinegar shopping list
- ¼ Cup dark molasses shopping list
- 1½ Cups Warm water (105-115°), Divided shopping list
- 2 Packages active dry yeast shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons sugar shopping list
- ¼ Cup Warm unsweetened apple juice (105-115°) shopping list
- 2 Cups cornstarch shopping list
- ½ Cup tapioca flour shopping list
- ¼ Cup Glutinous rice flour shopping list
- 1 Cup Light buckwheat flour shopping list
- 1 Cup Flaxseed Meal shopping list
- ¼ Cup cocoa shopping list
- 4 Teaspoon xanthan gum shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons caraway seeds shopping list
How to make it
- In medium sized bowl (yeast mixture will expand), place ½ cup of the warm water, yeast and 2 teaspoons of sugar; stir until dissolved. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. Mixture will become foamy (if not, the yeast is not active and should not be used).
- In mixing bowl, combine eggs, egg whites, vegetable oil, remaining 1 cup of warm water; mix. Add apple cider vinegar, molasses and apple juice; mix.
- In large bowl, add dry ingredients: cornstarch, flours, flaxseed meal, cocoa, Xanthan gum, salt and caraway seeds; stir together. Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl as well as yeast mixture. Mix on low speed until combined. Increase speed to high and mix for 4 minutes.
- Place dough in Pyrex round casserole dish (size 2L - if in doubt, should hold 8 cups) which has been sprayed with cooking oil. Allow to sit in a warm, dry location (free of drafts) covered loosely with plastic wrap for 1 hour (dough will be slightly above rim of loaf pan).
- Place in preheated 375° oven (oven rack should be set to second from bottom position) for 65 minutes (place foil over top of bread after 20 minutes to avoid over-browning crust).