easy peasy quick beef and lentil curryFrom zoetheunicorn 5 years ago
- 500g beef, fat removed and cut into cubes shopping list
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger shopping list
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds, crushed shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds shopping list
- 5 fresh curry leaves shopping list
- 3 small potatoes, (or one big one) cubed shopping list
- pumpkin, cubed (about same amount as potatoes) shopping list
- handful green beans, chopped shopping list
- 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed shopping list
How to make it
- in a large bowl, combine the beef with the onion, ginger, garlic and other spices. Leave for a bit to kinda marinate.
- Cook beef in a heavy saucepan until brown. 10-15 minutes.
- Add potatoes and a little water if necessary. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add pumpkin and beans, cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils just before serving, unless you like them all mushyyy.
- Top with yoghurt and chutney and serve on rice or with naan bread.