Blueberry Crisp With Cinnamon Streusel ToppingFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- BLUEBERRY CRISP WITH cinnamon STREUSEL TOPPING shopping list
- This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hammerman Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1989. shopping list
- 8 cups fresh blueberries shopping list
- 3/4 cup plus 6 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1-3/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts shopping list
- 6 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 sticks unsalted butter melted and cooled shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine 2-1/2 cups blueberries and 3/4 cup sugar in a large saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until berries soften and release their juices stirring frequently 8 minutes.
- Mix in remaining blueberries then transfer mixture to rectangular glass baking dish.
- Mix flour, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and remaining sugar in large bowl to blend.
- Gradually add cooled melted butter mixing with fork until small moist clumps form.
- Sprinkle streusel over berries then bake 45 minutes and cool slightly.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!