Israeli Bread Salad With Zaatar DressingFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 2 whole pita breads, cut into 8 triangles shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 4 teaspoons za'atar, plus more for garnishing shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 3 large tomatoes (about 1 lb), seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 scallions, greens and whites included, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley shopping list
- optional: feta cheese as desired shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place pita triangles on a cookie sheet and toast for 12 minutes, until pitas are dry and fragrant.
- Remove from oven, cool, and reserve.
- To make vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, za'atar, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine toasted pita, tomatoes, scallions, parsley, and vinaigrette.
- Divide salad among 4 bowls and sprinkle with additional za'atar.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
Quick N Easy121 members
Salads Galore254 members
FRESH HERB NUT31 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together134 members
From Middle Eastern Lands253 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Tomato Lovers Rejoice76 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Salads Salads And More Salads112 members