Standing Rib Roast With Jerusalem Artichokes And PotatoesFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves lightly crushed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper shopping list
- 8-1/2 pound three rib standing rib roast shopping list
- 10 yukon gold potatoes peeled and halved shopping list
- 1 pound shallots peeled and left whole shopping list
- 2 pounds Jerusalem artichokes unpeeled shopping list
- 1 cup full bodied red wine shopping list
- 1 cup beet broth shopping list
How to make it
- In small bowl stir together rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place rib roast rib side down in large roasting pan.
- Rub half the herb mix on top and sides of roast then let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 475 then roast for 20 minutes and remove from oven.
- Using a spoon or bulb baster transfer most of the rendered fat to measuring pitcher and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 and continue to roast 30 minutes.
- Toss potatoes, shallots and 1/4 cup of the reserved fat then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When meat roasts 50 minutes arrange potatoes and shallots around and roast 30 minutes more.
- Add artichokes and sprinkle vegetables with remaining herb mixture then roast 45 minutes more.
- Transfer roast to a warmed platter then cover with aluminum foil and let stand 20 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to dish and keep warm then pour juices into cup and spoon off most fat.
- Return juices to pan along with the wine and broth then place over medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil then deglaze pan stirring to dislodge any browned bits from pan bottom.
- Continue to cook until reduced by one half then pour through a sieve into a small pitcher.
- Season with salt and pepper then carve meat across the grain into slices.
- Pour juices over meat and serve with the vegetables.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!