Fish BurgerFrom copcook 7 years ago
- Boneless filet of your favorite white fish shopping list
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon shopping list
- 1 lemon, juiced and rind grated shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 english cucumber 1/4" slices marinated in 1/2 the lemon juice shopping list
- 1 container of alfalfa sprouts shopping list
- tartar sauce ( I like to add a dash of cayanne pepper for a bit of a bite) shopping list
- a nice fresh crispy bun shopping list
How to make it
- Check the fish for and bones by sliding your hand over the fish in all directions, remove any found with a pair of needle nose pliers. Remove the skin.
- Put the filet through a meat grinder with the medium disc (or use the food proccessor)
- Mix the crumbs with the milk and stir til it becomes a loose paste and add to the ground fish along with the egg. Add salt and pepper, the remaining lemon juice and rind . Mix together with your hands because you have to love that squishy sensation. Form into patties.
- Fire up the grill to med High, brush grill with oil to prevent sticking. Grill 5min each side Turn them once to get the grill marks, remove from grill and allow to rest for 5-7min (time enough to get the buns ready
- Fry pan method- use enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan and fry about 5min per side until golden brown.....this method gives the burgers a nice crispy outside
- Lightly toast the buns on the grill, lay the bun out and give it a good spot of tartar, sprouts, fish pattie, slices of marinated cucumber, more sprouts and another generous spot of tartar.
The Cookcopcook Calgary, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!