The Best Carmel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls EVERFrom blackpondoutfitters 5 years ago
- 1 1⁄2 pounds pre-mixed boule dough (see link below in directions) shopping list
- TOPPING shopping list
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 30 pecan halves or chopped pecans to taste (we use lots) shopping list
- FILLING shopping list
- 4 tbsp salted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- Pinch of ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- This is an excerpt from the five minutes a day for fresh bread article from mother earth news link
- I can not emphasize how worth while this is (the pic is all mine from some I baked this morning)
- Cream together the butter, salt and brown sugar. Spread evenly in a 9-inch cake pan - I use a round pan
- Scatter the pecan halves or chopped pecans over the mixture and set aside.
- Dust the refrigerated dough with flour and cut off a cantaloupe-sized piece.
- Dust the piece with flour and shape it into a ball by grabbing the edge and folding it under in your hands - turn ball i/4 turn and repeat until you get a ball
- With a rolling pin, roll out the dough to a 1/8-inch thick rectangle. Add only enough flour to prevent it from sticking.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and spices for the filling. Spread evenly over the dough and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Roll the dough into a log. If it’s too soft to cut, chill for 20 minutes
- With a serrated knife, cut the log into 8 pieces and arrange over the pecans, with the “swirled” edge facing up. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and allow to rest and rise 1 hour (or 40 minutes if you’re using fresh, unrefrigerated dough).
- 5 minutes before baking time, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake about 40 minutes, or until golden brown and set in center. While still hot, run a knife around the pan to release the rolls, and invert immediately onto a serving dish.
- This is so yummy - you will love it if you try it!